Career in Digital Marketing with Distance MBA program
The world is changing, and technology is taking the lead. Nowadays, what’s about digital — entertainment, health, real estate, banking as well as currencies. With everything turning to electronic, it means businesses are also jumping on the internet to market their businesses. And to endure the challenges of digital advertising, brands will need to stay informed about the latest trends. Successfully reaching one’s target market is no longer simply putting out TV and print advertisements. Nowadays, social media is the newest arena of electronic marketers, as 3.3 billion people are active social media consumers.
Digital marketing has become one of the very critical part of the marketing strategy of any business. Let us go through and understand various job profiles in the domain of digital marketing. Here are some key job profiles.
Social Media Expert (Organic)
- Managing companys social media handles.
- Managing Ad accounts for paid promotions on social media platforms.
- Planning monthly calendar of activities on social media
- Coordinating with the graphic design team for creative artifacts to be used on social media campaigns
- Develop and execute strategy for promotion and engagement in organic way
- Build relations with influencers on relevant digital media platforms
Social Media Marketing Expert
- Social Media Campaign planning and execution
- Plan and track Social Media analytics and its performance metrics.
- Optimizing the campaigns for better cost and performance.
- Monitor digital marketing trends and trends in various social media tools
- Online response management for social platforms
- Build & optimize Google PPC (Pay per click) campaigns by achieving high quality score, setting up sales funnels, enhanced e-commerce setup in Google Analytics, managing Social media marketing campaigns for brand building.
- Perform Keyword Research
- Perform activities related to Search Engine Optimization, Google Analytics, Google Data Studio and competitor research, backlinks analysis etc.
- Create and optimize multi-market PPC campaigns aligned to targets
- Creating performance report for various campaigns
- Ability to interpret and analyze large amounts data from multiple campaigns
- Perform keyword research in coordination with business objectives
- Optimize existing content used for SEO
- Provide SEO analysis and recommendations for webpages
- Recommend strategies for good content development to achieve better SEO results
- Implement link building campaigns in coordination with SEO goals
- Track and assimilate SEO and current internet marketing trends prevalent in the industry
- Monitor web analytics dashboards, key performance reports based on criticality
- Evaluate search results and search performance across all the search channels on regular basis
Digital Marketing Executive PPC Executive
- Handle all social media campaigns
- Need current know-how of (SEO + Social Media + Ad words + Online campaigns)
- Plan and execute affiliate, marketing database, email, social media and display advertising campaigns.
- Gather data and insights. Optimize spend and performance of campaigns based on the insights.
- Plan, execute, and measure digital campaigns which are deeply integrated with offerings
- Should have a minimum of 2 – 5 years work experience in digital marketing.
- Demonstrable experience leading and managing SEM, affiliate marketing, email, social media and/or display advertising campaigns.
- Experience in identifying target audiences and creating digital campaigns with appropriate platforms that engage.
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in online marketing campaigns
- Provide SEO analysis and recommendations for structure of websites and webpage
- Increase brand awareness through Google Adwords, Facebook etc.
- Developing creative posts for facebook, instagram and twitter for better engagement
- Develop reports on competitors activities on digital platforms
- Building customized performance reports for SEO tasks.
- Knowledge of html/bootstrap/ php/ photoshop/ is a plus point
- Good knowledge about content writing for webpages, blogs and posts
- Experience with techniques to increase website traffic
- Create effective digital strategy considering factors like marketing, PR and advertising campaigns and influencers
- Develop engaging contents for social media
- Run outreach digital programs on behalf of various clients.
- Stay updated on the social marketing latest trends.
- Take initiative in creating brands and branding messages
- Prior experience in social media marketing and in running social media campaigns
- Basic understanding of popular platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Google+, Flickr, YouTube, Pinterest (and more!)
- Knowledge of advanced tools like Hootsuite, Google Analytics, Facebook Insights, Raven Tools, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication
Digital Marketing Manager
- Effective proposal creation for new projects and clients
- Bid for Web Development, SEO/SMO/SEM/ Facebook and Digital Marketing projects.
- Capture digital marketing projects requirements
- Explain the client requirements to graphic design and web development teams
- Ensure the quality of the software components developed
- Manage customer change requests
- Handle oversees clients
- Develop strong client and industry connect
What we should look for in a distance MBA program in digital marketing?
Now we have carefully gone through various job profiles available on internet related to digital marketing. In digital marketing some profiles are very focused on say SEO or SMM and some required knowledge of multiple techniques like SEO, SMM, SMO, email marketing, paid campaigns, PPC etc. Hence one who aspires to opt for career in digital marketing, should choose appropriate distance MBA program. The program which will give him tools and technologies relevant to the latest trends in digital marketing with good hands-on case studies for practice.