The Objectives of this program is to make students gain professional knowledge on concepts and processes in Ports, Terminal, Inland waterways, Ocean Shipping, Ship Agency, EXIM, Freight Management, Customs House agency Operations with Marketing and Finance supplemented with Industry Internship to train a student with multiple skills for “Hands-on work” capability to skill the students for Managerial roles in this sector.
Our endeavor is to build the knowledge and skill base of the students to be able to satisfy the expectations of the industry. We take pride in enhancing the learning outcomes of the students by having practical classes to develop skills in all the subjects.
The Program will make the student understand
- The role of Ports, Terminal and Logistics in International trade and economic development, sea-borne trade, and the effect of globalization.
- How changes in logistics and distribution patterns, hinterland and natural resources influence the development or decline of Ports and Terminal.
- The different types of Ports and Terminals, terminal facilities within Ports and the use of Free Port/Free Trade Zones as an economics tool.
- Diversity of specialist port operations, the enhanced role of Ports and Terminals in a through transport context – hub and feeder Ports and Terminals, with intermodal interfaces
- The role of national, regional government in the port provision, the different forms of the ownership structure of Ports and Terminals (public/private, landlord only).
- Role of Agents and Intermediaries in Logistics and Shipping
- Warehousing Operation and Free Trade Zones.
- Marketing and Financial Aspects affecting the Industry