Business and Corporate Law or Corporate Law courses online Offered by IIM Calcutta
EPBCL intends to provide the participants a comprehensive understanding on the legal environment in which the business, both national and international, operates. The Programme shall address the different facets of business and its operation including but not limited to setting-up of business operations, raising capital – public offers, private placement, liability, transactions in the field of JV, M&A, external commercial borrowings, private equity / venture capital investments, capital and forex market regulations, strategic management of IPRs etc.
In addition, managing transnational business operations has become the mandate of todays managers, which would involve understanding and dealing with risks in foreign investments, global trade in goods and services, international dispute resolution, and major foreign laws having implications on international business transactions. Having a reasonable understanding of the regulatory framework will help the manager/executive in designing the strategies and counter strategies for competitive advantage.
• Advanced Corporate Law -I (Corporate Governance, M&A and Corporate Restructuring, Joint Ventures)
• Advanced Corporate Law -II (Fund raising – public offers, private placements, , Special Purpose Acquisition Companies (SPACs), FEMA/foreign investment regulations, Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code
• Dispute Resolution (National and International)
• International Trade and Investment Law
• Protection of IPRs
• Legal framework dealing with competition and consumer protection
Program Duration –
The duration of the programme is for six months.
The sessions will be delivered through online platform once a week for 3 hours.
Classes will be conducted twice a week in some weeks only.
Class Days: Sundays (10.30 AM to 1.30 PM) and select Fridays (6.30 PM to 9.30 PM)
Campus – One campus visit of 3 days towards the end of the programme. The campus module will be conducted subject to the evolving COVID-19 pandemic situation and will depend on Government and Institute policies related to the same.
Evaluation by: IIM Calcutta
Evaluation Structure: Mid and end module examinations
Evaluation Mode: Evaluation may also include one or more of the following: Online Assessment/Case Study Discussions/ Quiz/Assignments/Offline Assessment (Paper-pencil test)/Class participation
The final decision on evaluation methods rests with the course faculty and may change without prior intimation. Based on the performance in the assessments, participants are awarded grades (Excellent, Good, Average, Poor) in every module.
Participants with Poor grades in not more than two modules will receive a Certificate of Completion. Participants with more than 2 poor grades will receive a Certificate of Participation. Certificates shall be issued directly by IIM Calcutta.
• Working managers with an experience profile of two years or more, who are at least graduates (10+2+3) in any discipline with 50% marks. • Participants would be shortlisted on the basis assessment of background and motivation based on the application form submitted.