While discussing with a group of working people pursuing a Distance MBA degree, we noted the following comments in the discussion. The working professionals mentioned these reasons to pursue a Distance MBA degree:
- “The knowledge gained through the business degree will allow me to become a more effective leader at my existing workplace.”
- “An education in business will help me understand the dynamic aspects of the business world.”
- “I recently got a promotion and I feel that I need more skills in managing people.”
- “I have a work experience of five years and now I am looking for career advancement, hence willing to pursue the distance MBA degree alongside my current job.”
- “One of my Colleagues highly recommended Distance MBA degree.”
The above points represent that these are some of the advantages of doing a Distance MBA degree. The Online and Distance learning mode MBA degree assists you to manage your day job, family responsibilities, and studies. These types of programs are affordable and flexible. This course is free from any of the geographic location bindings. However, the next question that you might come across is, on what basis should one select the distance MBA course? Following are certain points that may be considered while choosing a distance MBA program.
8 points to be considered when choosing a Distance MBA program.
- Institutional Reputation: The reputation of the college/university which provides the degree is one of the important criteria to choose whether you should do a program with them. The reputation of an institute is built based on the facilities provided to the candidate, experience of faculties, industry connect. There are many such institutes/universities, in India, for example, Symbiosis distance learning, NMIMS Distance education, etc. You may look up for more information on these.
- Flexibility of Time Management: Another important thing to pay attention to is the structure of the course. You may be looking for a flexible schedule when you are juggling various responsibilities on the job. You may want to have flexibility in choosing the subjects and the number of exams you might want to appear in the given time frame. Before enrolling in the course, collect all this information so that you may plan your schedules efficiently.
- Learning transfer on the job: A crucial aspect of a distance MBA degree to look for is the practical orientation of the theories that are existing in management. In a reputed institution, there will be experienced faculties who can make you aware of the application of the theoretical concepts through multiple perspectives. This ensures the learning transfer on the job. Employers are highly benefitted from the learning transfer. Hence your current employer might offer you a higher package, or you may receive offers from other employers with good packages.
- Learning Opportunities: When you enroll for a distance MBA degree the learning happens continuously. You learn from your peer groups when you interact with them on different types of platforms. There are social media platforms, professional networking platforms. These platforms are there so you may exchange knowledge, information, opportunities with others. Hence, learning never stops. This continuous learning gives you an emotional push and increases your confidence. The increased confidence helps you take the greater challenges and hence creates healthy self-esteem. Thus, you get an opportunity to build your overall personality and most coveted soft skills to create more value for the organization.
- Expected Skills to be acquired: The market is dynamic and it is changing continuously. The job opportunities created are changing at a faster pace. There is a continuous need for upskilling even for the most seasoned professionals. The technological advances especially after the pandemic have completely changed the way businesses are being operated. Hence professional programs are needed to upgrade with the trends existing in the market. For example, handling technology is now a must-have competency by employers. Data handling, digital marketing, analytics are some of the areas which have developed in each segment of the business. Human resource analytics, for example, is a way in which human resource managers can now contribute as an HR business partner in the business. While selecting a program, always go through the skills, you will be acquiring after going through the distance MBA.
- Perceived importance of the program: The perspective of the recruiters is important. So, what do the employers think about the Distance MBA or online MBA and the full-time MBA? Practically speaking the employer looks for the value that you bring to the organization. When you opt for a distance MBA program while handling a day job, you demonstrate behavior that is desirable by many employers. You demonstrate the skill of time management, proactiveness, decision making, planning, and execution by managing the job responsibilities. This surely gives you a higher score when you appear for any interviews. Employers need people who can demonstrate these skills in day-to-day life. Continuously practicing these skills make you oriented towards your goal and hence displays your determination and commitment. All these qualities are highly appreciated by the employer. Thus, the perceived value of the program is high depending on the skills which you demonstrate.
- Teaching Methodology: A learner uses different types of learning styles. Some learners are visual as opposed to some learners who are auditory. Many learners love to learn by doing and experimenting. The experienced faculties hence are committed to developing engaging content for adult learners. A recent trend in learning is gamification. Certain games are designed based on theoretical concepts and the students go through the concepts by being a part of these games. This type of innovative teaching methodology expands your imagination and helps you focus on the solutions to the given problem at hand.
- Technology used for program delivery: Nowadays the delivery of the programs is done through various Learning management systems. These are very interactive platforms where the faculties can share educational material with the students. While enrolling for a Distance MBA degree you may educate yourself with these. It will also help you to be prepared with the technical requirements of an online class/ interactions.
While taking admission to any of the distance MBA courses if you consider the above points then surely you will get a great platform to shape your career and reach the career goals that you are planning to have for yourself. The reputed institutions will provide you with an opportunity to groom yourself. It will provide you with a platform where you are challenged and hence you may become a more creative, efficient problem-solver, decision-maker, and efficient modern business leader. Make a smart choice today by choosing the right kind of course for yourself!
Explore Trending Distance MBA Courses
Top 5 Human Resource Management Courses in India Distance Mode
Distance MBA in Human Recourse Management is one of the most opting specializations of management study in India.
MBA Correspondence the Future of Online and Distance Learning
As the use of the internet is increasing the significance of online education is also rising leaps and bounds. MBA correspondence is all set to change the current paradigm of education.
Career Opportunities After Correspondence MBA in India
The correspondence MBA is a flexible and affordable Government approved MBA programme, which does not require you to attend regular classes.