PGD in Rural and Agribusiness from Welingkar Institute of Management Online or Distance – Admission Fee 2019
Objectives of Rural ad Agribusiness Program by Welingkar Institute of Management Online or Distance.
Welingkar (WeSchool) Post Graduate Diploma In Rural & Agri Business Management Overview :
India ranks in top 5 agriculture producing countries worldwide. Agriculture and allied sectors like forestry and fishing which accounts for 13.9% of the GDP continues to be the mainstay of the Indian economy.
Agriculture has been a sector with more than 60 % of population relying on it and is seen with tremendous potential in India. The efforts put through several government and private sector initiatives coupled with changing global norms such as the WTO rulings and increased global competitiveness, invites a tremendous need for professional courses in Agribusiness Management, and makes it one of the most challenging and exciting sectors to be in, either as a professional or as an entrepreneur.
The Post Graduate Diploma in Rural and Agribusiness management covers many aspects of the economy: agricultural producers, businesses that provide supplies and services to the producers (including cooperatives), businesses that add value to agricultural products, and those that facilitate the marketing of agricultural products to an ever-growing marketplace.
The PGD in agribusiness management is designed to enable the learners to understand dynamics and complexities of the field of agribusiness in the emerging global context. It focuses on acquiring professional skills in using appropriate management tools and techniques in the context of agribusiness; and strive for excellence, commitment with positive attitude to work with the Rural stake holders towards their economic upliftment
Why WeSchool Hybrid programme:
Established in the year 1977 Welingkar Institute of Management Development (WeSchool) is part of the Shikshana Prasaraka Mandali, which has 43 prominent institutions across the country under its purview.
Since inception the WeSchool has focussed on giving a new dimension to Business Studies.
The strong educational legacy of over thirty years, and with the excellence of quality education catered in relevance to the current times and industry demands; WeSchool is giving students a complete educational experience.
WeSchool with their various academic achievements and accolades, the efficient and effective response to the industry needs & the student community needs has brought success to be one of the leading Business schools across India & south East Asia. The Careers360 Education Survey 2016 had raked WeSchool at no 1 position in the West Zone.
WeSchool apart from providing full-time business management courses, also has been responsible in pioneering various part-time PG & Certification Programs and Post Graduate Diploma In Management through hybrid learning format. The programmes offered by WeSchool through hybrid learning format are accredited by All India Council Technical Education (AICTE), an apex agency, responsible for recognizing Open and Distance Learning Institutions in India.
The Business management programmes offered by WeSchool, are designed to give a clear understanding of Management subjects and are well-structured to enhance functional and soft skills development of its learners.
WeSchool Unique Hybrid Learning Methodology:
A unique blend of modern technology where learners continuously and conveniently, learn from anyplace and at any time and the traditional teaching methodologies where students receive printed course materials and get to meet and interact with their peers give learners the best learning experience through this hybrid structure. The learners gain knowledge in the best way possible, also helping realization and belief of the potential to evolve as successful key role-players and decision makers in the professional world.
WeSchool continuously endeavour to add value to the program leveraging on its unique hybrid structure which form the main methodology of disseminating knowledge through a robust Hybrid learning module:
- WeLectures: Online lectures by distinguished faculties on WeSchool PGDM-HBs course content.
- Virtual Classroom Facility: Online interaction with professors, sharing document /content and participating in Live Q & A sessions.
- E-Learning Toolkit: The kit contains course content summary, PowerPoint presentations and sample question papers to help students understand the course in totality.
- Course Material: The Institute dispatch specially designed study materials to the registered students of every batch and year.
- E-Book: For select subjects-Book are made available through online mode. Students can download chapter wise reading material, presentation and also do practice tests.
- Experiential Learning Programs: On-ground learning opportunities through physical and strategic team-building and endurance activities to enhance soft skills, practical understanding and decision making abilities.
- WeTube: Online library for the working professionals. An archive of content on general management studies in video format.
- Personal Contact Programs: An on-ground activity conducted at regular intervals to promote peer interaction and answer queries related to the curriculum in person.
- Industry Visits & WeMould (Workshops): Guided in-premise tour of various national and global industries/ companies to enhance practical understanding.
- Newswire Services: Students can find news about the latest developments in their chosen areas of specialization.
Welingkar (WeSchool) Post Graduate Diploma In Rural & Agri-Business Management Curriculum:
- Principles of Management
- Financial Accounting
- Human Resource Management
- Marketing Principles
- Managerial Economics
- Organisational Behaviour
- Strategic Management
- Cost Accounting
- Innovation Management
- Elements Of Communication and Networking Skills
- Legal Aspects of Business
- Project WeLike
- Rural Dynamics
- Agri Finance Management
- Rural Marketing
- Management of Agri Input Industry
- Micro Finance
- Social Entrepreneurship
- Customer Centric Organisation
- Agri Price Risk Management
- Project Work
Welingkar (WeSchool) Post Graduate Diploma In Rural & Agri Business Management Eligibility Criteria:
Graduates from any recognized University.
If a student has completed his graduation from an international university the university should be approved by AIU/UGC/ICNOU or by any other international associations like EQUIS,AACSB or AMBA.
There is no ENTRANCE EXAM.
The Duration of the programme is 2 years (4 semester)
Welingkar (WeSchool) Post Graduate Diploma In Rural & Agri Business Management Admissions Process and Documentations:
Welingkar offers admission flexibility for students to enrol for the course all year round. There will be four batches each year commencing in January, April, July and October.
The Application form is available online. Students have to fill the application form online, print the completed application form and submit it at the Institute along with relevant documents and course fees.
The prospectus & application form can also be purchased from the Institute at a cost of Rs. 1000/- or by post through Demand Draft of Rs.1050/- drawn in favour of Welingkar Institute of Management, payable at Mumbai.
Documents to be attached with application form
Copies of the Degree Certificate / Provisional Certificate duly attested by a Class 1 / Gazetted Officer.
Two copies of recent passport sized colour photographs.
Welingkar (WeSchool) Post Graduate Diploma In Rural & Agri Business Management Fee Structure & Payment Options:
- Entire fees of Rs. 61,000/- for two years to be paid in advance, without Personal Contact Program (PCP). Rs. 64,600/- along with PCP fees.
- Yearly option Rs. 33,500/- per year without PCP or Rs. 37,100/- along with PCP fees.
- Overseas Students US $2000/- (entire course fees) Alternatively, students can pay fees in Indian currency. The amount is Rs. 1,20,000/-
Course fees can be paid online by Debit Card/Credit Card/Net Banking or is also payable by Cheque/Demand Draft, in favour of “Welingkar Institute of Management” payable at Mumbai.
Study material for each year will be sent subject to the payment of instalments/fees.
CANCELLATION OF ADMISSION
An admissions can be cancelled within 45 days from the date of registration by forwarding a written application to the institute and returning along with it the fee receipt challan, student ID card, study material and CD’s. (The Institute will not accept any request for cancellation of admission sent by e-mail or fax.)
REFUND OF FEES – CANCELLATION CHARGES WILL BE AS FOLLOWS
- Within 1-15 days of admission: 10% of the 2-years course fees
- Within 16-30 days of admission: 20% of the 2-years course fees
- Within 31-45 days of admission: 50% of the 2-years course fees
- After 45 days of admission: 100% of the 2-years course fees i.e. No refund
The above charges will be deducted and the balance course fee amount will be refunded to the student within a maximum period of 60 days from the date of admission.